Library Databases, by Title
Click on about next to the database name for more information
- What is it?Featuring coverage of nearly 3,900 full-text titles. ABI/INFORM Complete™ is the most comprehensive business database on the market today. Its international coverage gives researchers a complete picture of companies and business trends around the world.
- What is it?A multi-disciplinary database, with more than 6,100 full-text periodicals, including more than 5,100 peer-reviewed journals. The database is updated daily and features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- What is it? A streaming video database with a collection of tens of thousands of educational, documentary and news videos.
- What is it?The Art Museum Image Gallery is a collection of images drawn from the collections of distinguished museums around the world. The content is rights-cleared for use in educational settings and offer a wealth of art and information to enrich learning in cultural studies, area studies, women's studies, archaeology, history, religion, social studies, literature, and theater department and community theater research on set design, period costumes, and period furniture.
- What is it? The ARTstor Digital Library contains approximately 300,000 images from a wide range of cultures and time periods, including images of architecture, painting, prints, drawings, sculpture, decorative arts, design, and archeological and anthropological objects.
- What is it? Barron's provides financial news coverage dating back to 1988.
- What is it?Streaming video database of BBC Shakespeare plays featuring renowned actors and actresses.
- What is it? Over 95,000 biographies and obituaries, and more than 26,000 photographs of notable people.
- What is it? This database provides you with access to esteemed Black newspapers from across the U.S. from 1989-present.
- What is it? Business Abstracts with Full Text™ offers full-text of over 510 business magazines and scholarly journals dating back to 1995. It provides access to product evaluations, interviews, biographical sketches, corporate profiles, obituaries, surveys, statistical rankings, book reviews and reports from associations, societies, trade shows, conferences and more.
- What is it? Offers full text for over 2,000 business publications including coverage on marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics. Full text is provided back to 1965, and searchable cited references back to 1998.
- What is it? Weekly news and job-information source for college and university faculty members, administrators, and students.
- What is it? Nursing and allied health database providing indexing for more than 2,737 journals. Contains more than 1,000,000 records dating back to 1982.
- What is it?CINAHL®Complete provides full text for more than 1,300 nursing & allied health journals.
- What is it? A streaming video library of classical music performances and masterclasses—approximately 1,500 performances in all.
- What is it? Regularly updated systematic reviews of the effects of health care.
- What is it?Sources covered include over 3,000 periodicals, conference proceedings, technical reports, trade journal/newsletter items, patents, books, and press releases. Coverage is from 1981- present.
- What is it?Detailed, unbiased reports on controversial social and political issues: abortion, global warming, etc.
- What is it?A digital reference source containing both general and subject specific dictionaries, encylopedias, atlases and handbooks.
- What is it? Contains more than 200,000 records on the subjects of criminology, criminal justice, criminal law and procedure, corrections and prisons, police and policing, criminal investigation, forensic sciences and investigation, history of crime, substance abuse and addiction and probation and parole.
- What is it? Abstracts of published systematic reviews on the effects of health care with critical analysis. Database provides access to reviews in subjects for which a Cochrane review may not yet exist.
- What is it? Family of databases offering wide range of articles in the fields of business, education, literature, medicine, nursing, psychology, and current events. EBSCOhost requires that you first select the databases you wish to use prior to performing your search.
- What is it? Developed to meet the needs of education students, professionals, and policy makers, Education Full Text is a complete source of education scholarship.
- What is it? ProQuest® Education Journals covers literature on primary, secondary and higher education as well as special education, home schooling and adult education. Coverage includes for full-text access for more than 600 titles.
- What is it? Documents and journal articles related to educational theory or practice from over 1,000 journals. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Why use it? Find education-related abstracts and articles.
- Full-Text? Selected Full-Text
- Availability? St. Francis College (On & Off Campus)
- What is it? Multi-disciplinary database covering both scholarly academic and general interest periodicals.
- Why use it? Search for peer-reviewed articles in a wide variety of fields.
- What is it?Covers film & television theory, preservation & restoration, screenwriting, production, cinematography, technical aspects, and reviews. Provices full-text coverage for more than 120 journals, and 100 books. In addition, Film & Television Literature Index with Full Text includes Variety movie reviews from 1914 to the present and over 36,300 images from the MPTV Image Archive.
- What is it? Collection of databases. Allows for simultaneous searching of different databases.
- What is it? A collection of reliable and relevant resources in the field of health administration, including journals and dissertations.
- What is it?A Nursing and Health database that provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals. Also features the AHFS Consumer Medication Information, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- What is it? A business database that collections information on over 85 million companies, 100 million business professionals and 900 industries.
- What is it? Humanities Full Text™ covers the full text of over 300 art, history and literature periodicals dating back to 1995. The database provides coverage of feature articles, interviews, bibliographies, obituaries, and original works of fiction, drama, poetry and book reviews, as well as reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, radio and television programs, plays, operas, and more.
- What is it? Articles from 2,000 scholarly journals, books and primary resources spanning the arts, humanities, general science and social sciences.
- What is it? Full-text access to to over 300 newspapers and journals from U.S. and around the world; a full range of credible business resources, including business and financial news, US and international company financial information; primary and secondary source materials for legal research, such as case law, stastics and regulations, legal news and law reviews.
- What is it? Library Literature & Information Science Full Text™ provides full-text coverage of over 170 journals. Subjects include automation, cataloging, censorship, circulation procedures, classification, copyright legislation, government aid, library associations and conferences, library equipment and supplies, personnel administration, preservation of materials, and more. Coverage reaches as far back as 1980.
- What is it? A fully searchable library of more than 350,000 works of English and American poetry, drama and prose, 350 full-text literature journals, and other key criticism and reference resources.
- What is it?Designed specifically for high school students. Articles from more than 700 popular general interest and current events publications. Also provides pamphlets, reference books, biographies, and more.
- What is it? Abstracts and articles pertaining to all branches of the military and government. Full-text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for nearly 400 titles. Part of the EBSCOhost family of databases.
- What is it?Database collection of newspapers including the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Barron's, Wall Street Journal, and dozens of others.
- What is it? Comprehensive collection of classical music audio files available online. Includes over 85,000 tracks, including classical music, jazz, world, folk and Chinese music.
- Why use it? Listen to classical and world music online.
- Full-Text? Selected Full-Text
- Availability? St. Francis College (On & Off Campus)
- What is it?Free Unlimited access to The New York Time from a computer or smart phone.
- What is it? Free Unlimited Access to The New York Time from your computer or phone
- What is it? Comprehensive digital coverage back to 1980 is available through the ProQuest database. The complete text of recent articles is provided in the ASCII format. The New York Times Book Review and Sunday Magazine are provided in PDF format.
- What is it? This historical newspaper provides genealogists, researchers and scholars with online, easily-searchable first-hand accounts and unparalleled coverage of the politics, society and events of the time.
- What is it?Full-text access to 2,100 journals, many peer-reviewed. Useful across all subject areas.
- What is it?Contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today's hottest social issues.
- What is it?A Nursing & Allied Health Portal for Practice, Education, Research, and Administration.
- What is it?This online dictionary is the authoritative guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past. It traces the usage of words through 2.5 million quotations from a wide range of international English language sources, from classic literature and specialist periodicals to film scripts and cookery books.
- What is it?In Oxford Reference Online: Premium Collection you will find a wealth of facts, figures, definitions, and translations from over 175 general and subject-specific dictionaries, encyclopedias and handbooks.
- What is it? Articles from nearly 550 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. Also contains more than 200 educational reports.
- What is it?Project MUSE offers full-text current and archival articles from 600+ scholarly journals from major university presses covering literature and criticism, history, performing arts, cultural studies, education, philosophy, political science, gender studies, and more.
- What is it? A family of databases that include article abstracts and full-text articles from magazines, scholarly journals, and major English language newspapers.
- What is it? Full-text and peer-reviewed articles in the field of psychology. Contains more than 45,000 articles from 57 journals. Producaed by the APA. Coverage 1985 to present.
- What is it?Full text reviews of current scholarly and professional books in psychology, as well as reviews of popular films and trade books from a psychological perspective.Coverage 1995 to present.
- What is it? Index of journal articles, book chapters, books, technical reports, and dissertations in the field of psychology. Journal coverage 1887 to present.
- What is it?Provides full-text access to over 540 Journals. Coverage ranges from behavioral, clinical, cognitive, developmental, experimental, industrial and social psychology, along with personality, psychobiology and psychometrics.
- What is it? A research database that provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, surveys, and other assessments as well as descriptive information about the test and its development and administration.
- What is it? PubMed is a free database accessing the MEDLINE database of citations, abstracts and some full text articles on life sciences and biomedical topics. Maintained by the United States National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- What is it? Full-text coverage for regional business publications including 75 business journals, newspapers and newswires from all metropolitan and rural areas within the US.
- What is it? ProQuest Research Library provides one-stop access to more than 4,000 periodicals. Search from a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 academic disciplines.
- What is it?Login from anywhere to practice learning a language through listening, speaking and reading. Over 24 different languages offered at 3 levels of difficulty.
- What is it? Full-text electronic access to over 1,000 peer-reviewed journals in the physical sciences, life sciences, and health sciences.
- What is it?Full-text access dating back to 1983 for over 400 journals. This database covers the latest concepts, trends, opinions, theories, and methods from both applied and theoretical aspects of the social sciences.
- What is it? This database includes over 1000 titles, with the majority available in full text. It covers core disciplines across the social sciences including sociology, social work, anthropology, politics and other areas, featuring journals from over 50 countries.
- What is it? The Statistical Abstract of the United States is a comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
- What is it? Trip is a clinical search engine designed to allow users to quickly and easily find and use high-quality medical research evidence.
Twentieth Century Religious Thought: Volume II, Islam (Alexander Street Press)about
- What is it? Twentieth Century Religious Thought: Volume II, Islam is an extensive research database of the most influential thinkers of modern Islamic theology and tradition. At completion, the text will include 100,000 pages of foundational texts and contextual monographs, from the late 19th century to the present.
- What is it? Vault is a great resource when preparing for interviews or exploring possible career paths. The Vault Collection includes 180 career books as well as resources on various industries, companies and professions. Vault also provides access to a Internship and Job Database.
- What is it? The Visual Thesaurus is an interactive dictionary and thesaurus which creates word maps that blossom with meanings and branch to related words. Its innovative display encourages exploration and learning.
- What is it?Access the full-text of this essential business newspaper. Coverage dates back to 1984.
What is a Database?
What is a database?
A collection of articles found in journals and newspapers. Some also include video, ebooks and images.
Is a database the same as a website?
No. Many websites are hosted by or written by companies with the intent to sell a product. They are not peer-reviewed for accuracy or bias.
How do I know which database to use?
Click on the "about" link on the Databases A-Z page for a brief description of what's covered in each database.
How do I cite information from a library database?
Visit our Cite Sources page for help.
Can I access the SFC Library databases from home?
Yes. See http://lib.sfc.edu/remoteaccess.htm