What is Information Literacy?
Information Literacy is the ability to:
- recognize when information is needed
- locate information
- evaluate information
- use information effectively
For college students, this starts with knowing:
- how to locate print & electronic books,
- how to search for journal articles,
- how to effectively and ethically manage and use those resources.
The problem is that students may be:
- overly reliant on the open internet for research
- overwhelmed by SFC Library's collection (over 110 thousand books in print and close to 70,000 electronic books, millions of journal articles).
Library Instruction helps all students learn how to use their library to its highest potential!
Learn More about Information Literacy